Freeware Multiprotocol Network Tester and Performance Monitor - UDP Test Tool, Flood Generator, VoIP readiness Test Tool
The Multiprotocol Network Tester is a freeware tool which enables you to measure quality of your IP network.
It can also be used to generate UDP flood or to simulate UDP DoS attack.
SIP call is usually established using a SIP session with a bidirectional RTP stream.
SIP and RTP protocols are based on UDP transport protocol. UDP uses a simple transmission model
without implicit reliability, ordering and data integrity. Each single UDP packet is transferred independently.
The quality of a SIP call depends on delays and loss of IP packets in a network.
Long delays lead to large RTP jitter and bad sound quality of a SIP call.
NetworkTester allows you to generate bidirectional UDP streams with a
set packet size and bandwidth and measure following:
- Percentage of lost UDP packets
- Maximum and average of jitter time
- Jitter delay distribution view
- IP network max bandwidth for a specified jitter
- For VoIP readiness testing see instructions here
For testing of IP network between 2 endpoints with desktop GUI application
- Download the tool (windows, linux, raspberry pi)
- Launch it on 2 computers/devices
- Optionally specify parameters of UDP streams. "Number of packets to send per period" setting correspond to number of calls. Default parameters are for 100 parallel G.711 calls.
- Specify destination IP addresses of peer computer
- Enable senders and receivers. It is OK to enable only one receiver and one sender.
- Run the test and obtain characteristics of your IP network.
The test can be performed during 24-hours so you will get maximum jitter for this period.
- Configure your devices according to measured jitter delays and loss percentage
- Choose a better IP provider (with less jitter and packet loss percentage)
- Give a high priority to UDP packets in your IP router
first version is released for UDP tests in our private company
the UDP Network Tester is published at startrinity.com website
we decided to continue the development: release a cross-platform version and implement stress tests for other protocols: ARP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SIP, FTP, SMTP, ICMP. This is needed to test the systems against possible DoS attacks
released new version
added CSV and GUI history of packet jitter and loss
chart for history of packet jitter and loss
implemented logging and tracing subsystem, crash handler
implemented settings file I/O module
realtime jitter histogram chart
2015-11-03 cloud-based testing system
: managed test agents, web-based test management and reporting
SIP ALG tests to check client's VoIP readiness
compiled for Ubuntu 64bit
compiled for Raspberry Pi by IPOfficeLTD.co.uk
defined list of improvements for VoIP readiness testing, starting to work on it
decreased minimal UDP payload size: now it is 24 bytes
improved tracing/logging subsystem to improve debugging
implemented G.107 MOS measurements
implemented HTML-based chart for packet loss, jitter and MOS